No one likes saying goodbye to a good bra
We all know the joy of finding the perfect lingerie for your body shape, that delicate lace bra or those floral print knickers you can’t possibly contemplate ever having to get rid of. Sadly, care for them wrong, and you’ll have to replace them before you know it.
To save you the heartache, we thought we’d do some research for you on how to make the most of your lingerie.
Creative director Sarah Shotton shares four tips that we promise will change your life. Well, in the underwear department in any case.
- Do your hook and eye up before washing sets. It keeps them from stretching and loosing shape.
- Always use a lingerie bag to keep your lingerie in. It is paramount to maintaining that wow factor – and with designs doubling as outerwear, all the more reason to take extra care!
- Put leather in the freezer to shrink it. For those of you that wear a cheeky bit of leather should know – the tighter the fit the sexier you feel. For those of you that don’t wear it, you should start!
- Use lingerie gloves when putting on hosiery. Holes and ladders are not acceptable. Unless it’s a sexy pair of fishnets of course.
And just because you can never have too many lingerie tips, here are some extra ones about how to pick yours:
- Buy two pairs of knickers for every bra – so you always have a matching set ready to wear.
- Don’t get stuck on black – choose shades that work with your colouring. Fashion is about freedom of expression.
- Be careful about trusting a man to buy your underwear – they do not know sizing!
- Pay attention to detail – bras that crisscross/have a peekaboo element or knickers with a bum cleavage details are always a good confidence boost.
- Experiment with colours and styles. Being sexy is all about being comfortable with who you are.
You’re very welcome…
Read more at www.marieclaire.co.uk